The PVC OEM Hood Range by Exmoor
The PVC OEM pattern hoods are a strong and durable cover for the Land Rover owner who needs a hood that can be easily maintained and take a bit of punishment.
The PVC has a more modern look over the traditional canvas, it is a superb upgrade from the canvas soft top, perfect for the working vehicle!
What is PVC & what are the benefits?
PVC is a coated fabric rather than a woven fabric which gives the hood a hardwearing exterior for those long winter months and gruelling weather conditions.
Advantages of the PVC hoods:
- Higher resistance to fade due to its high light fastness properties
- Less likely to shrink
- Easily washed and can be cleaned with detergent
- Accessible through the zipped rear curtain and the rear panel which rolls up
- 100% waterproof
- Attaches to the sides with rope or bungee depending on model type
- Attaches to the tailgate with a bungee fitting
- Welded windows and seams for durability
- All PVC hoods have a 3-year warranty (terms and conditions apply)
Fitting Tip: Requires the original type hoop sets to ensure the best fit
Trim Technology in Coventry ceased to trade at the end of 2017 when the production of the Defender finished as they were appointed the original equipment manufacturer for the OEM Defender PVC soft tops. Over many years of production, they supplied just about all the PVC hoods for Defenders in the UK and around the globe.
Since that time, Exmoor Trim has stepped up to acquire all the original patterns, master samples and tooling required to manufacture these complicated hoods. All of which were signed off for OEM production and are a real treasure trove of automotive history.
“It is a privilege that Exmoor Trim is able to keep production of the OEM PVC hoods going, otherwise these parts would be lost forever…”
Julian Gostling - Chairman.